Post Weight Loss Lubbock
“Complete your weight loss journey by sculpting your body with post-bariatric surgery in Texas.” — Dr. Patricia Arledge
You’ve traveled a long path, beginning with your resolution to take back control of your life with bariatric surgery. You’ve succeeded with your weight loss goals, but loose skin and residual fat deposits are detracting from your joy. Complete your journey with post-bariatric surgery by Lubbock plastic surgeon Dr. Patricia Arledge.
To perform your post-weight loss surgery, you want someone exceptional: a specialist who is highly skilled, experienced and compassionate about what you’ve gone through to achieve this milestone. That’s Dr. Arledge.
Discover the solution that so many others have chosen. Plastic surgery after weight loss in Lubbock, Texas, can tighten loose skin, remove the remaining fat deposits and allow you to feel proud when you look in the mirror. Request a consultation online, or call us today at (806) 788-5598 to schedule a visit.
Are You a Good Candidate for Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss?
Post-bariatric surgery may be an ideal way to achieve your goals if:
- You have completed your weight loss but have remaining fat deposits that do not respond to diet or exercise.
- You have loose, excess skin on your arms, thighs and other parts of your body.
- You feel limited in your clothing choices and activities because you’re self-conscious about the residual bulges and hanging skin.
- Your skin is chafed and irritated as a result of areas of excess fat and loose skin.
Your Post-Weight Loss Surgery Procedure
During your consultation, Dr. Arledge will talk with you about your vision of yourself after your procedure. She’ll discuss your options to make sure you fully understand how each choice can accomplish your goals. Depending on your particular concerns and Dr. Arledge’s thorough examination, your post-bariatric surgery procedure may include a body lift, arm lift or thigh lift:
- Body Lift – To perform a body lift, Dr. Arledge makes a circumferential incision around your waist and lower abdomen. She then removes excess fat and skin from your buttocks, flanks, hips, thighs and lower back. Following this step, Dr. Arledge repositions and tightens your skin to achieve the smoothly contoured body you desire. In some cases, Dr. Arledge also performs a tummy tuck and liposuction.
- Thigh Lift – During a thigh lift, Dr. Arledge removes excess fat and skin from the thighs. She then reshapes and tightens the tissue to create beautifully proportioned, smoothly contoured thighs. This procedure can help if you have problems such as chafing and redness caused by loose, hanging skin and excess fat in this area.
- Arm Lift – Also known as a brachioplasty, this procedure is designed to remove the hanging, loose skin from your upper arms that can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance. Dr. Arledge makes an incision from your armpit down the inside of your upper arm. After removing the excess skin, she repositions and tightens your tissues for a toned, firm appearance.
Your goal is my goal:
To enhance your appearance subtly
The recovery process varies, based on your procedure:
- Body Lift: After your procedure, Dr. Arledge may apply a compression garment to reduce the swelling and support your body as you heal. She will give you detailed instructions about what movements and activity should be limited initially. You will return to her office in a week for a follow up, then regularly thereafter until your recovery is complete.
- Arm Lift: Dr. Arledge will apply an elastic bandage to reduce swelling and help the healing process. You will need to limit your arm movements and use caution when showering.
- Thigh Lift: You may need to wear a support garment initially to aid the healing process. Although you will need to restrict strenuous activity, walking should not be a problem.
Be sure to follow Dr. Arledge’s instructions carefully to ensure proper healing.
Results and Benefits
Among the benefits of post-weight surgery are:
- Arm Lift: You will no longer feel the need to cover your arms with long sleeves. Instead, you can enjoy the freedom of wearing short-sleeved blouses and even tank tops.
- Body Lift: Rather than seeing loose skin and fat deposits when you look in the mirror, you can take pride in the smoothly sculpted body that typically results from a body lift by Dr. Arledge.
- Thigh Lift: You’ll experience relief from chafing and discomfort. And when it’s a hot summer day in Texas, you can enjoy the freedom of wearing shorts without feeling self-conscious.